Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Smoke On the Water

These are a Couple tabs for Smoke on the water. It's not a christian song but its famous and something every guitar player should know. Its A ton easier than the first song I learned (God Of Wonders) and it sounds great on Electric and Acoustic guitars, probably bass too. Some people play it in Drop D, I think Drop C sounds the best, but I usually play it in standard tuning. Here is the easy way:

e---------------------------------------------------------
B---------------------------------------------------------
G---------------------------------------------------------
D---------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------------------------
E---0--3--5-----0--3--65-5---0--3--5--3--0-0-000----

You can play the same riff on the high E string (1st string, not 6th) and it sounds pretty good, play it any speed you want, I tried to space it the way I play it but this is my first tab.
Here is the slightly harder but what I believe to be the correct way ( alot of people play it with bar chords but I think this is better):

e-------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------------------------
D-------------------------------------------------
A---1--3--5---1--3--65-5---1--3--5--3--1-1-111
E---0--3--5---0--3--65-5---0--3--5--3--0-0-111

Just strum those two strings, I usually make a little bar thing over them but if you can't do that you could just play it with two fingers. Sorry about the alignment, blogger won't let me change the font and the 0's are smaller than every thing else so it causes problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rockin Guitar Monster -

I'm impressed. Too bad I don't know exactly what I'm reading here so I could play with you.

Keep up the good work and thanks for getting back on your blog...it's good for your writing skills!

Dad

Pat said...

Hey AJ...lets see some cool band photos!
We are so proud of you Gramma and Pop!